Wednesday, November 23, 2016

We Took A Trip Down The 101

 Why did we fly to Seattle upon leaving Canada? We had to see the Pacific coast one more time, while we had no fixed schedule and no need to rush. My husband and I had taken this trip when we were first married, no kids and no obligations. We didn't have a lot of cash so we did it on the cheap. We drove until we felt like stopping and stayed in the cheapest road side hotels we could find.

 At one particular hotel, we wanted to rest up and take a hot bath at the end of the day. I turned on the tap and attempted to adjust the temperature, it seems I did something wrong because, not only did the water not warm up, the whole faucet blew off the wall with gusto shooting a wide stream of freezing cold water across the room. After frantically trying to shove the tap back on to the wall, against the water pressure (I'm not really good in high pressure situations), and running wildly outside to find our host. We demanded our money back and headed for our next destination, laughing in the aftermath.

 That trip was a great trip and we wanted to share it with our kids. Our first stop was Seattle, which wasn't my favourite. I loved that there was so much diversity in the city, and there was plenty to do but big cities just aren't for me. The steep hills in crazy traffic made me feel like I was on a scary ride at the fair. I do not like scary rides.

 Our next stop after we rented a car was Long Beach, Washington. I had wanted to return to this town because the beach was, as they say, long. You can drive your car on the beach and it is really the first beautiful view of the ocean after driving through the woods of Washington. The town is a little more decrepit than it was on our first visit but still worth a stop, if only to stretch your legs after driving and get in touch with the sea. I will post more towns worth a visit in further posts.





We are getting ready for the effects of Hurricane Otto here in Nicaragua so may be without internet for a little while. Will be sharing our story after we weather the storm.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment